About Me

My photo
I guess u can find out on that if you keep reading my blog... :)

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Twenty20

As the clock struck 12 on the 9th of Jan 08, and my cell kept buzzing with messages and calls from loved one's, i realised that i had gone through the "best days of my life", school days were over quite sometime back, and now, the teens had come to an end.. i had completed a decade on the face of this planet.. it felt good.. to be "grown up" and at the same time i felt sad to think of the fact that i was no longer going to be the "pampered kid"... The greater journey had just begun, the journey where i would have to take on the world alone, no dad and mom to help me through, no friends to extend a helping hand and more importantly no more teachers, no guides. The battle is mine and mine alone... ok! enough of philosophical thinking...

My dear friends ensured that i stayed up through the night wid there messages and calls... the sound of the phone ringing while i was trying to sleep surprisingly dint annoy me, i kinda enjoyed the attention i was recieving..loL! the morning started off well with my mom trying desperately to wake me up inspite of me playing truant... she was successful at last, a glance at the papers and then an early bath (ughhh!) what followed was a bit of tradition, a customery visit to the temple quite some time later i returned home with dad to find my uncle had arrived from delhi... on time for the bash... after an elaborate lunch with parents, unlce and my sis, i went to the office... There i was greeted by everyone witha big smile, and for a change everyun wanted to shake my hand, a short while later i recieved perhaps the best birthday gifts of all time from my dad a secret kept well by him...
Retuned home and played around with my newly acquired digital camera (read toy) waiting for my sis to return ... we den madea short trip to westside where we bought each oder gifts and spent some time cracking jokes (thats wat we do wheneva we r together)..
After returning home, the cake was cut, bubbly uncorked and the celebrations hit the high point of the day... after some fun and games and a photosession, we went out for dinner.. had a great dinner and returned home exhausted!!!!! a perfect bday made special by my uncle and sis who took the pains to come down for my birthday!!!!!!!

No comments: